Sunday, July 29, 2012

Remind 101 Parent Letter

Alright, here I go with the Remind 101 parent letter, tips, and a bunch of other info.  First off, here is what the app looks like

When you download the FREE (who doesn't love free?!) app, you will create a group.  Each group that you create will be given a phone number and special message that parents will use to subscribe to the text reminders.  

You will need to write that information on the parent letter.  

Since I will be teaching half day Kindergarten this year (yikes!), I was able to create a group for both my AM and PM sessions.  Remember, you will be given different messages for each group so be sure to write the correct message for each group on the parent letter.  

A few notes about the app that I’ve learned so far.... 

One, you can schedule reminders to be sent out in the future so that YOU don’t have to remember to send out reminders!  If your memory is anything like mine, this is an Uh-Mazing feature!




Two, when parents choose to receive text reminders they simply become part of the group you created, so you can’t respond to individual parents/questions.  I personally think this is a great feature in order to maintain the purpose of the text (reminder only).  Don't forget to grab the parent letter below on my TPT page and add it to your beginning of the year parent packet.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! It was changed on my TPT website several days ago, but thanks for pointing out that I needed to change it here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for sharing this!! I just posted how excited I am to try it out on my blog and linked up to your for more information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Mrs. G! I'm so excited for you to try it out. Last year was my first year using it, and I LOVED it. It is very helpful for me to sit down at the beginning of each month and schedule reminders all at once for the entire month. Keep me posted on what you think as you venture into 'text reminder land'.

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Andrea. I got as far as signing up my class and requesting a couple parents to sign up so I could test it. I didn't know about the AP part, but your letter was shared by another teacher, and yeah, I got it figured out. I appreciate your letter, I will certainly use it as a guide. Many new discoveries this summer!

    The Red Brick Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10