Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Blog Makeover and a Facebook Fan Page!

In the past week, I have learned more about html codes, CSS, and widgets than I could have ever imagined!  Though I know I've only scratched the surface of what there is to know, I'm feeling pretty accomplished.  I can't remember the bajillion blogs I visited, and tutorials I watched and read, but if I could, I would give all the amazing authors behind them a bajillion (and one) THANKS!

Ok, so my blog got a serious makeover AND I decided that while I was at all this techie stuff, it was time to create a Facebook fan page.  This is where I need your help!  I currently have one, yep, you read that correctly, one fan....and I bet you can guess who that is?!?  Me!  A prime example of being your own best fan, eh?!  In honor of my new Facebook fan page, and for your back to school preparations, I have a fan freebie currently awaiting your download!

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. is definitely a staple piece of literature in many Kindergarten classrooms.

I love making class books with my kiddos and want to share this one with you.

Students simply write their name on the blank line and glue their picture in the blank space beside the coconut tree.  This book is great for not only helping your students learn their classmate's names, but for practice with several Common Core Standards, such as:

RF.K.1a-Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page;
RF.K.1b-Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by a specific sequence of letters;
RF.K.lc-Understand that words are separated by spaces in print

I've also included an extra option for students to practice identifying the letters in their name, as well as spelling their name.
There is also a class page that can be used as the last page in the book.  Simply add a class photo, if desired.
The ONLY way to grab this class book freebie is by popping over to and 'liking' my Facebook fan page.  You can link to my Facebook page by clicking any of the pictures above, or by clicking the Facebook button on the side bar.  Once you're there, 'like' my page, click on the 'freebies' box, and download the book.

Thank YOU a bajillion times for becoming a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10