Thursday, July 18, 2013

'Pete' and 'Pigeon' Make Another Debut

Yesterday, I got a tiny bit carried away on Amazon as I started looking at new books.  I started with a simple search to find the author of one book and, well, you know how that goes...I ended with a cart FULL of awesome new books.  Some of which are simply new to my classroom library, others which are brand new, not even published yet!  Whoa, I'm super duper excited to share what I found with you!!

First, I {heart} Pigeon books by Mo Willems (and Elephant and Piggie books, but that's for another day), and he's releasing a brand spankin' new book titled,  The Pigeon Needs a Bath.
The release date is set for April 1, 2014, but it's up for pre-order now!  I complete an entire unit on Mo Willems, typically in January, that I will share with you (but not now...such a teaser, eh?).  

My kids come to love the Pigeon as much as I do.  The books are excellent for discussing themes among books written by the same author, discussing character traits (the Pigeon is very persuasive and persistent), and using picture clues to develop and clarify meaning.  

Second, is the infamous Pete!  He is making several debuts in the coming year.  Pete the Cat:  The Wheels on the Bus was released on June 25th.  
There are also a few You Tube videos for this one.  The video by HarperKids can be found here.  There is also this version:

I could definitely see the kids 'rockin' out' to these at the beginning of the year!  

Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses has a release date of October 1, 2013.
Pete the Cat:  The First Thanksgiving has a release date of October 1, 2013.  
Pete the Cat:  Valentine's Day is Cool has a release date of November 26, 2013.  
You bet your sweet little self that all of these books found their way into my cart!  Will they end up in your cart, too?!

We may not be able to have all of these books yet, but you can grab my character traits activity sheet by clicking here or on the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10